Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A little about me...



My name is X and I am a 24 years old (soon to be 25) women. I have been suffering from acne since I was around 19. Today is Tuesday and I have an appointment with my dermatologist on Thursday. Let me tell you a about my acne history: I visited my derma around 3 years ago to receive my prescription for Accutane and I received my sheet to go for my blood test, before I could go for the blood test I had a huge migraine. My doctor sent me to a Neurologist who recommended that I stop taking the birth control pill. I was around 16 when my doctor put me on the pill, unfortunately I was getting nausea for 2 days when I took one pill. She made me try about 5 different kinds and they all had the same effect. She then put me on depo-provera which is the 4 times a year injection. That was great but I had to stop taking it after 4 years since it was proven to be bad for bones. I then tried the patch and the Nuva ring and it did the same things as the pill. She then gave me a new brand of pills which worked :) No more side effects :) I was really happy! But then came my migraine...She suggested the Mirena which is a IUD (plastic T that is inserted in my cervix (yes ouch!)). I now have the Mirena and I think it's making my hair fall but that's another story! The point of the story -> I can now take Accutane and end this misery :) I will do the best I can to post daily about my Accutane experience, the ups and downs as well as weekly pictures (on Friday). I have added black bars on my eyes, nose and mouth as I am really self conscious and only my boyfriend and my parents have seen me without any makeup aka my mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment